Thursday, May 14, 2015
Smart, Smarter, Smartest...
see what wonders the airtel app can do ...
To the human eye, the Red colour with the maximum wavelength is the most attractive of the colours and that is why this logo of Airtel is simply eye catching and to match the brilliance of its logo, is the newest application called My airtel app which is indeed a class apart!
Gone are the days of standing in long winding queues to make payments or to book the cinema ticket or to make reservations in hotels and trains and no more shopping woes in crowded supermarkets and malls! Welcome to the new era of mobile services, an application that makes all things easy at the click of a button or a swipe. My smart phone is becoming smarter by the day and the newest application from Airtel is mind boggling, one cannot but admire the million services it has on offer and that too for greenhorns like me it's interface is seemingly effortless and uncomplicated. The interconnection between me and the system is simply plain sailing with navigation that is smooth and the least bit cumbersome. Embark on the voyage with me as I set sail on this brilliant application and the widest array of services coming with it!
The personalized interface, which is so very spontaneous needs to be experienced to feel the magic of maneuverability and manipulation. Blending with the unlimited boundaries of operation, we can switch, hop and jump into the sections of our choice all at the blink of an eye!
The three incredible and outstanding features of this app are listed below and I am sure the reader cannot agree with me more on why I have highlighted these three:-
1) As easy as 123... Sit back and take a deep breath as your nimble fingers navigate through the seemingly effortless pages allowing you to interact instantaneously. It is very user friendly and virtually anyone and anybody can cruise along quite comfortably. Starting from recharging your phone and internet balance to making payments without the bother of remembering debit and credit card pins is the icing on the cake. We can book tickets to movies, arrange for air, train and bus travel in a matter of minutes. Come with me as I take you to the numerous online stores for all the shopping requirements, an experience that is smooth and hassle free. No more sweaty waits in any queues! The services on offer are limitless and awesome. A professionally managed application that comes from the trusted home of Airtel is extremely customer friendly and indeed makes you feel like king, a satisfaction that is sure to please you and last long! The platform is very responsive to all our diverse demands making the navigation extremely rewarding.The features incorporated are par excellence and the initiatives rolled out are revolutionary in nature. We can give it a big thumbs up for the vast scope of operation with easy set of instructions. We don't face any glitches as we steer from one course to another!
2) Virtual fortress...The application is very safe and secure and impregnable by any means of fraud. It is not vulnerable to any danger of mismanagement of funds. Moreover as the payment takes place within the confines of your phone balance, there is freedom from the drudgery of using debit and credit cards with all its associated pins and charges! Now, we are safe even if our wallets are picked!!This remarkable feature of safety and security puts us at total ease and comfort of doing everything from our palms. The cash back facility on many of the services is an attractive bonus that adds jingle to our pockets. So the more we spend and use, the more we save and earn!
3) One touch internet...A truly amazing feature on the My Airtel App is this one touch internet. Airtel has taken the world wide web to the nook and cranny of India, to the rural masses and made them tech saavy! Now each and every Indian is part and parcel of the Internet revolution and the operation at ONE SINGLE TOUCH! Can it get better than this? My granny is on seventh heaven to be able to see her great granddaughters' photographs, talk to her over skype, message her on Whatsapp and what not! All this has been made possible only because of the most user friendly application available today!
Folks, my smart phone is the smartest with the airtel app and heavily loaded wallet too!
Sunday, May 10, 2015
From inception in the womb
Cocooned and nurtured, the foetus
Growing by the minute, the hour
She’s there, each time, everywhere
Out in the world, to suckle, to giggle and cry
Firmly snuggled in the lap of luxury
Overcoming every fear, with a lullaby
She’s there, each time, everywhere
The artist instils in me to clasp, to sit and crawl
And the first step to independence and separation
The guiding light ever watchful, and ready to embrace
She’s there, each time, everywhere
Inculcating habits, culture, religion and prayer
To sing, to dance and to emote
The craftswoman sculpting and moulding me to shape
She’s there, each time, everywhere
Me, the convoy just followed the escort,
Like a shepherd herding and tending
To study, to perform and act and enact
She’s there, each time, everywhere
The pied piper of my life, a ready reckoner
In the manual of life for all things good
To emulate, to follow and reproduce
She’s there, each time, everywhere
Creator, bearer, nourisher, protector,
Supporter, saviour, upholder and vindicator
The Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient
She’s there, each time, everywhere.
Salutations to my mother.....the mother of all mothers!
The verses tumbled out of my heart like a torrent, unstoppable and breathless. As my mother carries my heart always, I am in her academy of learning life’s lessons forever. She is a bank’s vault where in I have safeguarded all my thoughts, worries, hatred, sorrows, regrets and anxiety and in return have earned rich interest in the form of joy, happiness, courage, protection, intellect and vindication. A mother’s affection and endurance cannot be described in words and at each and every walk of life I feel it and look up to her in awe and admiration. Through thick and thin, my mother has faced it all but each time emerging stronger. She fought cancer like a warrior and came out victorious teaching me the meaning of will and determination in the process. My mother has an “expert’s” understanding and approaches life physically, mentally and spiritually. A typical day starts with reverence, bowing before the almighty and the Supreme Being, to make her day meaningful.
“Matru”, the Sanskrit word for mother has lent the word “mater” to Greek and “mother” to English, and thereby, the world has acknowledged the sanctity of the word and the source and glorified her presence in all texts. To describe my mother in a nutshell would be:-
“Strong” which means she effectively encapsulates tenacity and resilience
“Beautiful” as in exciting and admirable
“Intelligent” as she is able to understand and comprehend and make judgement
“Gentle” for being kind, caring and amiable
“Classy” as she is having the air of sophistication and refinement
“Sacrificing” for giving up so much so that her child could have as much!
I am what my mother made me and I am thankful for that!!!
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Follow the grand unveiling of the league on twitter
Wah kya league hai!!!
Kapil da ka jawab nahin....as always he has come up with a brilliant idea of a league that is stupendous and out of the world. Mind boggling is the incredible idea of a celebrity league comprising of all avenues that take us on a journey of truth and life. A brand new avatar to showcase talent and vivacity in all its vibrant colours.
I believe this new thought is for those who squirm in their seats as Kapil corners them and puts them in a fix...a spot of bother!
My mind conjures up various images on what could be the league all about? Let me take a few shots, I guess it is wild and wacky but all the same here they go...
It is a game show with a difference, a game where one can never play from the heart...which means we have to give the wrong answer or the answer that is not true!
Or is it for the celebrities in different walks of life to open their hearts and minds and get screwed?
None of these...now my heart says think different...common...think...
Maybe it is a game for all in the services???? Yes...that could be for all our saviours of the land from the army, the navy and the air force.. a league which opens up the might of the services in cricket fields, a hunting ground for the protectors of our land!
But dil se khelo to googly...what does that mean to an honest upright officer?? I am sure a services man will not lie then how will he be a part of the group?
Wrong answer...think again...
Maybe one for all the Government babus and netas ...who are known for their corrupt ways?? Yes..yes...it has to be a league for the puppeteers and the yes men of this country.
The game of cricket will be tweaked to suit their lifestyle in such a manner that they cannot play "dil se"!!! It is never going to be easy for them and there comes the cliff hanger!
Again I have my own doubts about this guess...let me try something else..
A premier league for all ex players...
All the wonder men and women who made the world proud could be part of this league....yes this is possible...we will have the likes of Kapil paaji himself along with Srikkanth, Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri...and so on and so forth...the list is endless with all great legends who will actually wield the ball and bat and take a stand to face the wrath and fury of Kapil's swingers and cutters and also the sultans of swing!
I just can't wait for the grand unveiling of the nayi league...a nayi soch on playing with Kapil "not Dil Se"!
I am sure Mumbai along with the rest of India is on cloud nine and euphoric and going gaga over the new league, drooling over the all new surprise awaiting us !
Paaji...sirji aapka to jawaab nahin!!!
Thursday, April 23, 2015
This is a contest post for Earth is calling...please get details at:
REDEEMING LOST EXPANSE
L-LIFE ON THE BRINK, LIBERATE IT
A-AQUATIC BEINGS GASPING, ALLOW THEM
K-KNELL OF GREED, KINDLE THE GLORY
E-EBBING AWAY, ENTHUSE ENERGY
GARBAGE GARBAGE EVERYWHERE
WATER WATER NOWHERE!!!
I was gently rowing on the beautiful inland waterways, absolute bliss with swaying coconut palms, green grass on either side, gurgling streams, azure blue sky with exotic clouds, and small thatched houses here and there....no pollution, no traffic, no sound except the chirping of birds, no garbage, no nothing that causes the planet to blow its head off! I got up with a start, back to the absurd reality of life and the irresponsible homosapiens ruining the marvellous Earth, God has bestowed on us with all its natural grandeur. I knew the time had come to stop complaining and be the change that we want to see around us.
Let’s begin at the beginning...
1) The umpteen diapers that are carelessly disposed off, the plastic present in them clogging all the drains
Never dispose them along with biodegradables but ensure that they are wrapped in newspapers and separately put away.
2) Not segregating garbage
Always segregate into wet, dry, sanitary and hazardous and please do not mix them up..
3) Using toys made of lead and other harmful chemicals
Never buy toys that are brightly coloured in plastic and wood as these may contain lead or other harmful agents.
4) Ready to school...paper, paper and more paper
As far as possible try and avoid using paper...a toddler can be made to use the traditional slate with chalks that are dust free and in the growing up years make them to switch to drawing boards and the like. Never use, abuse or overuse paper, the woods are already crying for help!
5) Careless discarding of batteries and other E –waste.
The batteries and all Electronic waste must be disposed off separately and not thrown along with general toxic waste.
6) Throwing garbage everywhere
Play hard but with a sense of responsibility, never throw things as you please, put them in the proper places. Always encourage children to use the dustbins.
7) Open taps, leaky taps,...
Always direct kids to close taps after use and never ever waste water...a drop saved is indeed a drop earned
8) Lights, fans, Acs...always ON
Instruct children to switch off all lights, fans, ACs when not in use. Save energy for the future children too!
9) Adults...beware..reckless use of vehicles and consumption of fuel
Try to carpool or travel by public transport and avoid excess fuel filling...save energy for the next in line!
10) Rampant tree cutting for construction, laying roads and other infrastructure
For every tree cut, grow four more! Try and use alternatives for houses.
11) Clogging of drains and choking of sewer lines
Never throw plastic and other non degradable item in the drains or sewage, always allow easy flow for proper draining out.
12) Letting waste water and other waste into lakes, rivers and seas
Lakes, rivers and other water bodies are a natural source of water to mankind and not a means for letting things into it. Performing puja and throwing all and sundry into these do not grant good wishes from the almighty!
I could go on and on and on, for the problems are in multitudes but have to draw a line here and focus on these basics to make life sustainable and renewable. The mantra should be reuse, recycle and renew for a cleaner today and a better tomorrow!
Thursday, April 16, 2015
A mystical movement called Zen
A phone has become a style statement and part and parcel of the fashion accessories...nowadays we are noticed not only for the clothes we wear but the smart gadget in the palm of our hand!
More than 200 hours still to go to lay our hands on this incredible ingenious phone from the grand Asus stable. Will this be as mysterious as the art of Zen? Let us take a quick look at the features and we will know what we have in store...
Here are five outstanding characteristics that promise all people on planet Earth to turn their smart heads towards this marvellous piece of art:-
1) Ablaze – A flashy brilliant appearance that is artfully and aesthetically conceived is the first and foremost outstanding feature of this remarkable device. Masterminded to perfection in order to get that unique one of a kind quality aspect and edge over other smart phones in this category. The golden hue colour option indeed makes all of us go gaga over this marvel!
2) Slender marvel – The fine slim size zero is the order of the day and Asus has achieved the near impossible task of making a nimble phone that will snugly fit into our palms. With a mere 170 grams weight it is a beastly beauty! Navigation, sensor and display add to the fantastic sex appeal! The lithium 3000mAh battery provides non stop entertainment for a incredible longer period of time!
3) Competence – The sheer power and dynamism behind this sleek device are features that are mindboggling, Be it the 2.3 GHz 64 bit Intel atom processor with an unthinkable 4GB RAM along with a quad core processor and a graphics card that takes gaming to an altogether different level and ably backed by a remarkable response screen that leaves no marks!
4) Spectacular image capturing – The camera that vividly captures all those memorable moments is eye catching and the pictures are gorgeous, stunning and manifests in real colours and contrast! Who would let go such a canny gadget that make all our memories live forever?
5) Great value for money – The price is definitely a steal for the power packed action both inside and outside! This is a premium gadget but the introductory offer price may well be under INR 20,000/- (well that’s what the grapevine says!). You have to pinch yourself to believe this!
So the verdict on this marvel is a gigantic thumbs up as the pros far outweigh the cons and a great product wrapped in beauty and luxury can be ours soon – well the wait almost seems to be over but the suspense is undoubtedly killing! We could be part of this wonderful launch taking place on the 23rd of April in Gurgaon. Head to the kingdom of dreams to watch the spectacular unveiling of a Zen coming alive! I can't wait....any longer...
Sunday, April 12, 2015
O for optimism!
The autopsy reports confirmed the worst fears for our family – my dad and mom were devastated, I was kind of perplexed being in my teens and not entirely knowing the consequences, my brother was in his own cocooned world of comforts, too young to understand.
My mom in her early forties was detected with cancer of the breast , I was just into college and the whole world came to a grinding halt. My dad did not know whom to turn to and was inconsolable but it was my mom who came out of the trauma and said “I believe in karma and good deeds and the lord will not let me down. Let us take the opinion of our Ramesh and I am sure he would guide us through.” She was talking about dad’s nephew who was an angel in disguise; a messiah sent from heaven – Dr. Ramesh, my dad’s sister’s son was a famous surgeon. The family till that point in time had crumbled, lost all hope of a happy family being together again now slowly started rebuilding the pieces of life. My dad immediately called him up for consultation and went wholly as per his advice. As my mom went through the battery of tests and pre surgical requirements, I had to slip into her cooking shoes and enter a domain that was unseen by me till that point in time. The unfamiliar kitchen domain and the job of managing the cooking singlehandedly were thrust upon me and I did not know where to begin. Well let me begin at the beginning I thought and started a series of coaching classes from mom as she lay in the hospital bed. I quickly learnt the little nuances of cooking such as making rice, roti and dhal and succeeded in feeding the hungry mouths. So I part of the difficulty was overcome and I sang “we shall overcome” in full glee and all the members too joined in this struggle of life!
Fortunately, there is a silver lining in every cloud and the tests proved that the cancer was restricted to one side and my dear cousin quickly sprung into action and he conducted the surgery of the affected part himself and sent it for biopsy and by God’s grace it had not spread to other side and other organs were spared. Now there was a glimmer of light shining a the end of the dark tunnel but still there was a long way to go. She underwent radiation and chemotherapy which was terrible on her physically. She could not eat food and vomited, her hair loss was terrible and almost became bald, and all her muscles began to weaken and had become emancipated. It was unbearable to see her in this pathetic condition but the brave lady that she was, she fought all the odds stacked against her and overcame them step by step. As the detection came in the first stages and surgery was conducted without any delay, despair turned into hope and outright optimism of my mom saw us through the difficult times.
Methodically, she carried the post operative recovery and year after year went for regular checkups and for the last 30 years has remained free from cancer. Praise be to her for tremendous will power and optimism and to my cousin for his timely diagnosis and treatment. Now I can look back and feel proud of the optimism which is a vital element in the wheel of life!
please look up housing.com at #lookup https://twitter.com/housing
Friday, April 10, 2015
Create and discover a whole new life....with...https://housing.com/in
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
George Bernard Shaw
And each and every day we create, recreate, discover and rediscover ourselves.
It is a journey full of moments...some drab, dull and monotonous, some ecstatic, joyful and great, some crazy, insane and maddening, some sorrowful, sad and emotional but in the pie chart of our life, we do have a small segment devoted to path breaking, discovering and trending. This happens once in a lifetime and the incident can never be forgotten, erased or deleted from our central processing unit - it is something that is etched in our brains ...
The year was 2009...
By an impulse I posted an ad for selling our home of 50 years..a home that had witnessed everything - joys, sorrows, turmoils, tantrums, births, bliss, happiness but not change..grandparents, parents and children just staying put and not moving..the home was warped in time and refusing to let go, all had an emotional attachment and could not imagine a life without #108, " Athithi" Green valley layout , Malleswaram, Bangalore! It was an ancestral home and no one ever dreamt of selling it!
"Are you mad"??? My hubby and children shouted in chorus!
" we are living in this house for three decades and built with sweat and tears of my grandfather and has seen life's ups and downs and moreover it is in the centre of the town with accessibility to every nook and cranny of Bangalore and the sermon just went on and on..."
I said..." look at it this way..how about building another dream house with our blood and sweat which will be a home and a tribute to your beloved grandfather, who will indeed be proud of his grandson and never ever curse him".
Our children will one day be proud and this in generations will become the new ancestral home...and live in harmony and happiness till the world ends...at least going by Sir Isaac Newton's predictions of 2060 which is a good 50 odd years from now!"
Thus I had sowed the seeds of change and creating a new domain that will be called ours built with love and devotion.
Search then began for the ideal home that would take care of location, accessibility, resale value, necessities such as water, greenery etc etc...
And suddenly everything just seemed to fall in place...the seed had started to germinate and abracadabra...the house stood before us in flesh and blood with all the positive energy and vibration that set life going towards the ultimate goal of salvation.
My children had the privilege and good fortune of seeing the house come up brick by brick which I am sure will be corner stones of their lives to aim and achieve. Moving into a whole new world with new surroundings, neighbours, school, college was an experience that one needs to enjoy and building a house in one such grand feeling of euphoria, of a task well accomplished.
A complete sense of freedom and starting a brand new life....