Saturday, October 22, 2011

IN DISGUISE

        I sat glumly on the delicate head 
         Deeply distressed, forlorn and uncared for
        Lifeless, dull and in Coiffeur
          Impoverished, desperately seeking attention....

        To cure my malady,
          Many a virtuoso deliberated
        But all attempts futile, love torn apart
           Hairsplitting, on the verge of a breakdown....

        The enduring pain seemed eternal
           In the dungeon, a glimmer of hope and desire
         An aura of radiance emanating,
            In disguise of a " DOVE", came a bewitching Fairy....

         Gently canoodling the tresses
            With the treacle, worked her way like a wizard
          Each strand throbbing back to life
             Rejuvenated at the scalp, I bounced up in ecstasy....

          Back in vogue, permed, styled and set
             Many a haughty head turned
           Admiring the hairdo, going green with envy
             Adulation , was in full bloom....

          Felt, touched,caressed and pampered
             It was a new day in paradise
          The star studded tiara resting
             On the pinnacle of glory, in UTOPIA....  
       
         
       

26 comments :

  1. I wish in my heart of hearts that a 'dove' does manifest! Now you are making me dream even during the day! :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beautiful!...And Profound... :)

    http://anshul-gautam.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-nanny-granny.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Deeps and Anshul- this poem was written for a contest by Dove cosmetic and the theme was "love is a two way street- love your hair and it loves you back"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..just came to check your entry. Wow..you wrote a poem! Wish you all the very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful lines! Best wishes for the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunita - what a great poet you are! I noted the red and green which differentiated the +/- and loved the line "...Rejuvenated at the scalp, I bounced up in ecstasy...." It simply captured that 'wow' moment! Enjoyed reading, a +1 from me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A poem from the perspective of Hair. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou so much Arif for understanding the TRUE meaning - you really made my day, a wow moment to last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wish u all d best:)

    chk mine

    http://stimulation-of-the-mind.blogspot.com/2011/10/hair-hair-hair-love-your-hair-and-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. very well written. real gem.
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all your good wishes @Greta, sure I shall stop by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly, I think this is one of the best renditions I have read till now. All the best Sunita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice poem! Good luck for the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice composition!! all d best
    u can check my post at Qvendo!! http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88311 and u can also hit fb like overdere!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely poetry! must visit your blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is for the contest? hmm had no idea. very nice poem. you've taken a different route for the contest, unique entry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Sujatha - you know I feel like a contestant in. a reality show, cajoling and coaxing for votes! I cant take it any more;(

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely words...nicely crafted lines!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good one sunita. splendid words and well composed. I suppose it's for the contest. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice use of words..with attention grabbing highlighting of words . Feeling rejuvenated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks to all for stopping by, now I feel rejuvenated:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful worded poem.. Loved it.. Thanks for visiting my blog.. All the best to you..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well written post :) Very nice article..
    all d best wishes. :)
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88938

    Hope u like and promote my post "The Girl i loved"
    Check out once..im sure ul like my post.

    ReplyDelete

Stop by or stumble or take a forced break and share your wonderful thoughts , I am waiting with bated breath!!!