Saturday, April 2, 2016





Godsend
On many occasions, I have felt the supernatural intervention of miracle hands that have helped me in distress and allowed me to come out unscathed. In these moments of anguish and misery, these marvel human beings have lifted me from the abyss and apocalypse to get on with life. Are they inspirations, power of God, oracles or epiphanies, I know not, but there are far too many to shrug them off as coincidences or fortuity or simply a stroke of luck. These guardian angels vanish without a trace before I say the profuse and profound ‘Thank you” and they are never to be seen again. The poem below is a “benediction” to all those saviours who arrive at the opportune moments to pull me out of fire and get me off the hook time and again! I have intentionally used alphabets ‘T’ and ‘G’ in the verses to express my “Thank you” and “Gratitude” to the “Godsend”.  

Times many have I encountered
The rendezvous with an angel in disguise
Tryst with miracle men
Turning things around

Godsend to trouble shoot
Grant and bestow alacrity
Governed by manifestation
Gratuity I can never forget

Times many have I benefitted
Going on a wild goose chase
To come face to face with my messiah
Giving me revelation of a rare kind

True they could be fate and destiny
Grasp on situations beyond control
To bring me back on track
Gospel of faith on the supreme
                                                                        
Godsend to take under HIS wing
Guiding through perils
Genie that appears and disappears
Guiding spirit whom I have not thanked





Image courtesy: worshipsounds.wordpress.com

28 comments :

  1. Very beautifully weaved. Loved every bit of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful poem...loved the alliteration...Very nice:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amit..glad that you liked the literary device..

      Delete
  3. Very true Sunita, I can relate to it. We have our messiah arriving from nowhere to help us in difficult situations. Well expressed! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Hemant...they appear like rabbits from a magician's hat!

      Delete
  4. Very true Sunita, I can relate to it. We have our messiah arriving from nowhere to help us in difficult situations. Well expressed! !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful the message and the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow maam beautifully written, loved the poem.. and yes anything done with pure intentions, the allmighty is always there with us :)
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bhavikk..your words mean a lot and I am motivated..

      Delete
  7. I too believe in guardian angels through whom miracles are wrought whenever He deigns so.
    A lilting poem that was smooth to read and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou KP sir for the inspiration and enjoying the poem

      Delete
  8. yes i so know the feeling when a power helps us ...one we are out of the problem we face and second the feeling that we are atleast able to be that good that that power considers helping us :) the poem is splendid :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shweta, thanks for your wonderful thoughts on this one. Thanks too for appreciating the poem as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful and heartfelt poetry. As you have rightly said, there are simply too many of these "opportune interventions" to shrug them off as coincidence.

    Thanks!
    My Latest Post: 23 Major Benefits of Organic Diet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Subhodeep for your thoughts on this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gratitude and forgiveness are indeed two pillars of happiness and peace of mind!
    You have expressed it poetically and enshrined your feelings so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful.. I can relate to this poem, loved the last stanza :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful.. I can relate to this poem, loved the last stanza :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have read the poem already and commented too.But I am seeing and reading again the same in the new,reader friendly and elegant template.People do not come by fairies, angels, siddha purushas and divine benefactors easily.They render their help or guide seen or unseen only to the deserved and the blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks KP sir for your generous extra dose of appreciation and the second one is a bonus...glad that you liked the new template. I feel blessed with your footprints here and the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Stop by or stumble or take a forced break and share your wonderful thoughts , I am waiting with bated breath!!!